|THE STROKE AID SOCIETY IS NEITHER A REHABILITATION NOR A RESIDENTIAL FACILITY.|
We are a SUPPORT GROUP which was founded in 1984, in order to provide help to those people who have survived a Stroke, as well as help for their families.
We run weekly groups at our 3 Centres, providing psychosocial support, with a focus on life participation. As we are a Charity, we are unable to provide financial support.
|We are a Non-Profit Organisation.|
Stroke Aid is supported by the National Lotteries Commission of South Africa.
We also rely on public donations, fundraising and receiving money from those members who are able to pay their fees.
Donations can be made by EFT:
Banking Details: FNB (Norwood Mall)
Branch number: 258624
Account number: 50420026996
Type of account: Current
Please email proof of payment to email@example.com
- To assist in maintaining function in physical and cognitive abilities and areas of everyday living, after individuals have completed their rehabilitation.
- To promote independence.
- To encourage social interaction.
- To boost self-esteem and prevent isolation.
- To encourage community re-integration.
- To provide a forum for sharing common experiences through group support.
- To increase public awareness about Strokes.
- To network with similar organisations.
- To provide information about Strokes and resources in the community.
|Weekly groups are held at our 3 centres: |
- Jabula Recreational Centre, Sandringham, Johannesburg, Gauteng - on a Tuesday morning.
- South Rand Hospital, The Hill, Gauteng - on a Thursday morning
- Soweto Home for the Aged, Soweto, Gauteng - on a Thursday morning.
The Groups are run by qualified therapists and/or experienced facilitators and volunteers.
- Anyone participating in any of the Stroke Aid support groups must be able to go to the toilet independently, or to have a caregiver to assist them.
- The person attending must live within the transport area, or have their own means of transport.
|The Stroke Aid Society’s Office @ Jabula Recreation Centre|
Tel: 011 485 0235